HOME
GRAPHICS PACK
DOWNLOADS
FORUM
TUTORIALS
Google

For updates come follow me:


Friday, December 6, 2013

Palace Treasure Vault Completed!

treasure vault
Treasure Vault
Finally, Princess Toadstool's Palace is complete! With this completion, I had also saw some of SMBX's. One is with the events (scripts). It appears it can only accommodate a certain number of events, after that you could no longer create new events. I tried hacking the level to see if I can push the engine beyond its limit, but alas, it crashes for going beyond its range. And since, this level I created uses a lot of scripts, I have to create a way so it would be able to load all the 21 sublevels. And after analyzing the data chart, bingo! I manage to get it to work.

SMBX also has a bug when it comes to dialogues. I know some SMBX fans won't admit it, but I had verified it. It happens when you load a level with hidden layers and starts with a dialogue. Right after the dialogue, some events misfire and shows the supposedly hidden layers and hides some supposedly showed ones. It can be patched by pulling a series of events that give the dialogue at least a small refresh rate.

Now, about the Treasure Vault. Here, you will be tutored by a Toadstool, kinda like Super Mario RPG. He will explain about each item contained in the chests. After that, you will have to exit the room and go to another passage that ends up in Mushroom Garden.

No comments:

Post a Comment